Friday, August 14, 2009

Vampires


Vampires you say? Well, I think it is the season of vampires, they are everywhere I turn. Don't get me wrong, I love vampires. Remember The Lost Boys? Hello! Who didn't want to be a vampire after they watched that show, it was so cool! Remember Interview With a Vampire? Yeah, it was the biggest thing in the world, Brad Pitt AND Tom Cruise as vampires. That is not my favorite vampire movie, but it still stuck with me. Now we have Twilight. Ok, I'm going to be nice about it because I have many, many, many friends that are in love with Edward. I just don't get it. My friend recommended the first book to me last year, she even sent it to my house because she said that I should read it, it was good she said. So, when I went on my vacation to South Africa I took it with me. I read it while I was there and I remember finishing it and thinking, what?? It was such a young teen book that I couldn't appreciate the literary integrity, was there any literary integrity? I mean yeah, I guess it was ok for a little light vampire read, but women are OBSESSED. Teens can be obsessed, but women as old as me? Say it ain't so. I just don't get it. It is like a Twi-mania that has taken over the brains of stay-at-home moms. I mean, I have friends making pilgrimages to Forks. Really. I made the the picture above for the New Moon movie that is coming soon (that I probably won't be seeing since I didn't read the book because after the first book I had NO desire to read anymore from the Stephanie Meyers colleciton.) Since a few of my friends feel the same way I do, I had to make a movie poster and send it around as a joke. Me and Edward. Allison Cullen, um, yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment